Monday, March 29, 2010

Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips

Yes, it's been forever. Sorry! I kept saying I would post up a bunch more recipes, but then I got really busy and went away this weekend so it turned into zero time to post or even bake for that matter. Thanks for your patience! Back to cooking...

Wow, I've been saying I'd post this for so long now I don't even remember what song I listened to when I made this. I think I was listening to the Sookie Stackhouse book on CD.


Anyway, this recipe is super easy and it's so nice that you have more control over the foods in your life. I made these with organic white wheat and corn tortillas I bought at Trader Joe's. One thing's for sure, these are better for you and have no preservatives because I left a few tortillas and they went bad within the week when I left them out. The weather was pretty cool that week too.


I changed the recipe by adding in some nutmeg along with the cinnamon and sugar. Actually, to be honest, I think I added too much, so I'll have to dial that down next time. The baking time is off too. I just baked it til the chips started to curl. I felt like that was a better indicator.

These turned out delicious and really were quite easy. Oh! And Today, I have my own
pics! So all the pictures below were from my point and shoot. Enjoy!



The package of delicious tortillas I used, cut into slices.


The finished product in all its glory! Yum!

4 out of 5 stars!

________________

Recipe from here.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Cut tortillas into 8 wedges.
  2. Brush or spray baking sheet with oil.
  3. Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet and brush or spray lightly with oil.
  4. Sprinkle with seasonings: salt or seasoned salt, chili powder, cinnamon sugar, etc.
  5. Bake at 325 until crisp and lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment