Friday, June 25, 2010

Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt


I love Greek Yogurt, so when I saw this recipe on The Kitchn, I knew I had to try it! I have to say, they turned out okay, not the best, but honestly, it's not because of the recipe its because I substituted regular paprika for smoked paprika, which is probably a no-no. I think that caused things to turn out not as well as I had hoped, but that's okay, they were still decent. I love sun dried tomatoes, so I think I added a bit more.

3.5 stars out of 5.

________________________________

Recipe from here.

Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt
makes 12

6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/4 cup oil

Slice the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Set the whites aside. Smash the yolks with the back of a fork. Add 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and stir until well combined. Add the remaining yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency. (I like mine very creamy, so I used the whole cup.)

Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes, smoked paprika and salt.

In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Test the oil with a slice of shallot – when it instantly sizzles, it's ready. Add the shallot slices to the pan and cook until they turn golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove them from the pan and place on a paper towel. While they're still hot, sprinkle lightly with salt.

Using a small spoon, fill each egg white with a generous amount of filling.

If serving immediately, top each one with a frizzled shallot. Or, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Top with shallots right before serving. Best if eaten within a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment